Feeling overwhelmed by the cost of plastic surgery? You’re not alone. The high cost of plastic surgery deters many people from enhancing their appearance. Before deciding, you should understand your options for financing plastic surgery.
This blog will review the average cost of different types of plastic surgery and provide an overview of financing options. We will also discuss the pros and cons of each option so you can make an informed decision.
The Average Cost of Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery costs vary based on the procedure, your location, and the surgeon’s experience. Generally, the most popular plastic surgery procedures include breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery. The average cost of these procedures can range from several thousand to tens of thousands.
Five Financing Options
- Personal Loans: Personal loans can be an excellent option for financing plastic surgery. With a personal loan, you borrow a fixed amount of money and pay it back over a set period, usually at a fixed interest rate. The benefits of personal loans include predictable payments and a fixed interest rate, which can help you budget for your surgery. However, personal loans can be challenging to qualify for and may require a co-signer.
- Credit Cards: Credit cards are another popular financing option. Many credit cards offer 0% interest for a promotional period, which can help you finance your surgery and give you some time to pay it off. However, it’s essential to be aware that the interest rate can skyrocket after the promotional period, making it more challenging to pay off the balance.
- Medical Credit Cards: Medical credit cards are financing specifically designed for medical procedures. They offer low or no interest for a specific timeframe and may even have rewards programs or other perks. However, like regular credit cards, they can have high-interest rates after the promotional period ends, so it’s important to read the fine print and ensure you understand the terms before signing up.
- Surgery financing companies: Surgery financing companies offer financing options for plastic surgery and medical procedures. These options usually offer flexible payment plans, low-interest rates, and sometimes no credit check. However, they usually charge origination fees and application fees.
- Insurance: Insurance may cover plastic surgery. Typical examples include reconstructive surgery after breast cancer, which is medically necessary. Insurance does not cover most elective procedures, such as breast augmentation.
Please contact Dr. Stuart Lipton in Lewisville, TX, today at 972-420-0023 to schedule a consultation and talk about your options. We will be happy to help you find a financing solution that works for you.