National Winter Skin Relief Day is upon us! And, boy, do we need it. During this time of year, our skin takes a beating. Heat and cold suck moisture out of our skin, leaving it itchy, dry, and tight. And, let’s remember the wind. Winter winds can be brutal, leaving our skin feeling chapped and raw. You don’t have to despair; there’s help!
So, if you are feeling the effects of winter on your skin, come in and see us. We will give you the relief you need to get through the rest of the winter. And, who knows, you may even enjoy it!
What’s National Winter Skin Month?
January 8th has been proclaimed National Winter Skin Relief Day by the American Academy of Dermatology. This is a day to celebrate our skin and all it does for us and promote skin care and dermatology.
So how do you get your skincare routine ready for National Winter Skin Relief Day? Here are some seven tips:
- Check your products: Make sure that your skincare products are still effective and that they are still valid. Replace anything that is no longer working for you.
- Get a skin check: See a dermatologist or aesthetician for a professional skin check. They can help you identify any areas of concern and develop a plan to address them.
- Protect your skin: The sun’s rays are still strong and can damage your skin, even in winter. Now is the time to use sunscreen again, even if you don’t think you need it.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize: Your skin is probably feeling dry and tight, so use a moisturizer that is right for your skin type. Remember to apply it after you shower or bathe while your skin is still damp.
- Be gentle: Avoid harsh cleansers and exfoliants that can strip your skin of its natural oils. Use warm water instead of hot, and pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it.
- Consider a humidifier: If your indoor air is dry, consider using a humidifier to add moisture back into the air. This will help your skin feel less dry and irritated.
- Drink plenty of water: Winter weather can sap your skin of its natural moisture, so make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
By following these tips, you can prepare your skincare routine for National Winter Skin Relief Day and promote healthy, beautiful skin all season long!
Medical Spa Treatments In Lewisville, TX
Call Stuart Lipton, MD, at 972-420-0023 to schedule your consultation if you are interested in our medical spa services. We serve Lewisville, Dallas, and surrounding areas.