Technology Comes to Hair Restoration
- Posted on: Sep 15 2019
These days it’s easy to lose faith in technology, what with Russians hacking our election through Facebook and trolls roaming the Internet. But if you’re suffering from male pattern baldness, Dr. Lipton will give you new faith in technology.
It’s the ARTAS iX System of hair restoration, and it’s new to Dr. Lipton’s practice. This system combines state-of-the-art robotic technology with artificial intelligence to transfer hair and provide natural growing hair that can last a lifetime.
What is the ARTAS iX System?
If you suffer from male or female pattern baldness, it’s likely you’ve probably heard of follicular unit extraction (FUE). This is a relatively new method of hair restoration where individual hair follicles are taken one-by-one from a donor area on the back of the scalp and are transplanted back into areas where the hair is thinning. FUE has proven to be successful for using these healthy follicles to regrow hair in thinning areas. That’s because the follicles taken from the back of the scalp are usually not affected by male pattern baldness, even if the upper and top of the scalp are.
The problem with FUE as it has been done is that doctors have to transfer hundreds of follicles using manual methods. This can take an entire day and the repetition can lead to damaging many of the follicles, making their successful transfer less likely.
That’s where ARTAS iX is better. Physicians and researchers developed this system of follicle removal and transplantation. By making the system robotic and guided by AI, it takes the human error element out of the equation.
Steps of an ARTAS iX session
ARTAS iX hair restoration is an outpatient procedure performed in Dr. Lipton’s Lewisville offices. Patients only need be under local anesthetic. This is the process:
- Step 1 — High definition stereoscopic vision system utilizes artificial intelligence algorithms to identify and select the best hair follicles for harvesting.
- Step 2 — Hair is harvested from the donor area with robotic precision to preserve the natural look of the donor area. ARTAS provides robotic speed and accuracy unmatched by manual hand-held techniques.
- Step 3 — A customized hairline is designed with the system’s recipient site making technology under Dr. Lipton’s supervision. ARTAS creates optimal site distribution for harvested follicles, which avoids damaging them.
- Step 4 — The hair follicles are transplanted into thinning areas.
- Step 5 — Noticeably thicker, natural looking and permanent hair growth starts around 6 months and continues over time.
In this month’s second blog we’ll discuss the ARTAS hair transplantation system as it compares to other methods.
Interested in growing new hair instead of simply watching your hair thin more and more? Call Dr. Lipton at (972) 420-0023 to schedule a consultation for ARTAS iX.
Posted in: Hair Restoration