As new procedures, both surgical and non-surgical, come into the aesthetic world, people can forget about the facelift. But a traditional facelift with Dr. Lipton can take 10-15 years off a person’s face, and the procedure delivers results that endure.
Who is right for a facelift?
Anyone who has passed their 45th birthday could probably benefit from a facelift. These are the characteristics Dr. Lipton looks for when a patient is considering a facelift:
- Mid-face sagging
- Deep nasolabial folds
- Deep creases under the eyes
- Fatty, loose areas below the cheekbones
- Banding, fatty tissue, and loose skin on the neck
Does a facelift rejuvenate my entire face?
The term “facelift” can confuse some people. Because it’s not called a cheek lift or something, they assume a facelift rejuvenates the entire face. This is not the case. A facelift targets the lower two-thirds of the face. The muscle and tissue anatomy on the brows and around the eyes is far different from the lower face. That’s why these two areas need separate procedures, a brow lift, and eyelid surgery, respectively. Often Dr. Lipton can combine one or both of those procedures for the patient when performing a facelift.
New techniques and technology have expanded the possible methods for facelift surgery. Dr. Lipton adapts his techniques to your specific issues.
- Traditional facelift— This is also known as a full facelift. It involves the largest degree of lifting and repositioning of the muscles and other involved tissues. Incisions begin at the temples on each side of the face, run down in front of the ears, wrap around the earlobes, and end in the hairline back behind the ears.
- Mid-face lift— The target with this more limited procedure is the mid-face, particularly the cheeks and areas under the eyes. Mid-face lifts can reduce puffiness under the eyes, improve cheek contour, and correct deep nasolabial folds.
- Neck lift— While neck lifts aren’t technically a “facelift,” Dr. Lipton may combine a neck lift with a facelift if the patient has banding and significant sagging on the neck.
When considering your options for facial rejuvenation, don’t forget the tried and true facelift. It offers the most correction and the longest lasting results. To set up a consultation with Dr. Lipton, call 972-420-0023.